Mold, Mildew and Hazardous Material Removal
If mold, mildew or asbestos are discovered, Start2Finish can assess the extent of damage and risks. From there, we begin the process of removal, remediation and abatement.
Even though we live in a relatively dry climate, we still see a fair amount of mold and mildew issues each year. Any type of water intrusion-whether the water damage comes from a slow leak, a sudden pipe burst, or flooding-can cause mold and mildew. If the levels of relative humidity in a building are high, mold and mildew can begin to grow. If mold or mildew are discovered, it should be removed immediately to prevent health issues. Despite the claims of products available on the internet, mold can’t be properly remediated by spraying on bleach or some other chemical. Proper mold remediation requires physical removal of the mold.
Our comprehensive mold remediation process includes:
- Construction of a containment barrier
- Air scrubbing (with negative air movement and Hepa filters, which remove microbes form the air)
- Scrubbing the areas with wire brushes and /or sanding them
- Removal of grossly affected structural components
- Applying a plant based antimicrobial solution after the remediation process
Our mold remediation team has been certified through the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification program (IICRC) in mold mitigation, and we follow all town, county and state OSHA and EPA codes.
Read about your Antimicrobial “Right To Know” at this link.